Location: Bothell, Washington
Setareh received her Juris Doctorate degree from Seattle University School of Law, and graduated from University of Washington, with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and a minor in Law, Societies, and Justice.
In law school, Setareh focused on Alternative Dispute Resolution and served on the Executive Board of the Dispute Resolution Board at her school. She was also an Executive Board member of the Human Rights Network. She enjoys learning and comparing the U.S. justice system to other countries’ justice systems. She spent a summer in Brazil studying human rights and social inequalities. She also traveled with Global Law Brigades in spring of 2010 to Panama to volunteer and facilitate a land transfer process in a village.
Setareh focuses her practice in commercial law, bankruptcy law, business formation, tax law, contracts, wills, and probate. Setareh is also a certified Mediator and enjoys helping clients resolve their disagreements through the dispute resolution process by negotiations or mediations. She is certified to work with interpreters and limited English speaking clients. She is compassionate with her clients and vigorous in her representation.
Setareh deeply values serving her community and giving back. She dedicates countless hours of pro bono legal services to low-income and non-profit clients through her work with the Bar Association or on a request basis from clients. She also enjoys being a member and volunteer of Court Appointed Special Advocates. Setareh volunteers with Volunteer Legal Services, Neighborhood Legal Clinics, Legal Clinic for Non-Profit organizations, and serves as a committee member on the NLC board. Additionally, Setareh volunteers with First Responders Clinic, where she drafts wills for public servants such as firefighters.
In her free time, Setareh enjoys hiking, yoga, traveling, playing sports, cooking and spending time with her family and friends.
- Washington Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Program/Pro Bono Work
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Volunteer
- Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Committee Board Member
- Legal Clinics for Non-Profit Organizations
- First Responders Clinic, Volunteer
- Children’s Hospital Guild Association
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Children International
- Fluent in Farsi (Persian)
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- United States Tax Court
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.S.
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association, 2011
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association, 2012
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association, 2013
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association, 2014
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association, 2015
- Volunteer of the Year, King County Bar Association, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Washington Young Lawyers Division
- WSBA Pro Bono Opportunities
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Washington State Taxation Section of the Bar
- Washington State Rights of the Debtor and Creditor/Bankruptcy Section of the Bar
- Washington State Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Bar
- Washington State Business Law Section of the Bar